Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Homemade Butter

So I saw this on Leslie's blog and thought - hey, why not!? It sounded like something fun and different. I had a little less than a pint of heavy whipping cream that I had no plans for, so I got to shaking. I made it during the USA vs Canada gold medal game which was perfect timing because that was a nerve wracking game!
Making butter really is easy and would be a fun project to do with kids. Just make sure you have an airtight container!
So go get some heavy cream, and get to shaking!


Homemade Butter
Ingredients:
Heavy cream at room temperature
Big pinch of salt if desired

Directions:
Pour heavy cream into an airtight container and shake, shake, shake!
After about 10 minutes of shaking, you will have whipped cream.
It takes about 20 minutes of shaking for the butter to form. Once the solids pull away from the liquid, strain through a cheesecloth or mesh strainer.

Store in airtight container in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment