Monday, February 8, 2010

Beer Cheese Bread

We're about to get some snow and when I think of snow, I think of soup. So dinner tonight is soup and bread. I didn't want to mess around with a yeast bread, so I decided to give this recipe a go. It was super easy and super tasty. I would recommend buying a block of cheese and grating it yourself - the pre-shredded stuff has a powdery stuff on it and it won't incorporate as well in the bread.



I *may* have snuck a piece before dinner - hey I can't blog it if I haven't tried it right? - and it's delicious. I love that it took less than 10 minutes to get it in the oven and that included grating cheese. Try this bread soon - you won't be disappointed!

Cheesey Beer Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
12 oz beer
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp butter - melted

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Butter a loaf pan.

In a large bowl, mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and garlic powder. Add cheese. Slowly pour in beer and mix gently until all ingredients are moistened.

Spread dough in loaf pan and pour butter over top. Bake for 55-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment