Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Basil Pesto Brie

I don’t have a great photo of this one because it just did not photograph well – but it was AMAZING. I bought a jar of pesto at the store the other day – maybe I’ll make my own one day, baby steps – and wanted to try making a cheesy pesto appetizer for Christmas Eve. It turned out really good except that there was an oil slick in the dish. I mopped up most of it with a paper towel. If I had made my own pesto, I would have just cut waaaaay back on the olive oil and it would have been fine.


Baked Brie with Pesto

Ingredients:

1 8oz Brie wheel
Pesto
Crackers or Bagel chips for dipping

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350
Cut the rind off the top of the brie wheel. Top with about 1/4 – 1/2 inch pesto
Bake for 20-30 minutes


Serve with a plain bread or cracker. Something with little to no flavor, as the pesto/brie combo is pretty amazing on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment