Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cranberry, Pecan and Honey Torte

Sorry for the lack of posts lately - We've had a busy summer with lots of camping, birthday parties, weddings, etc. I have started a new business of sorts - making cookies and cupcakes for showers, parties, etc. I will try to blog those very soon.

This recipe is another that I made up based on something I got from a grocery store. It is a great appetizer and is super simple.


Enjoy~


Cranberry, Pecan, and Honey Torte


Ingredients:
2 8-oz blocks of cream cheese (I use the 1/3 less fat kind) room temperature
2/3 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup sweetened pecans (I find these by the salad dressing and croutons)
1 Tbsp Honey
1/4 cup packed brown sugar

Directions:
Beat cream cheese, sugar and honey in stand mixer or with hand mixer. Then by hand, stir in 1/3 cup each cranberries and pecans.

Line a bowl or plastic container with wax paper - I used a 4 cup rectangular tupperware container. Mix together remaining cranberries and pecans and spread in bottom of paper lined dish. Add the cream cheese mixture to the top. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Put a plate on the top of the container it's stored in and flip over so the layer of pecans/cranberries is on top. Serve with Wheat Thins or other crackers or breads.


3 comments:

  1. If you don't mind my asking all this time later, was the original torte you got from Dierbergs? I moved to FL from St. Louis and dearly miss their honey pecan craisin torte; I've been searching everywhere for a recipe for it! Definitely going to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! It's a Dierberg's knockoff. It's very close to their version. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaay! Thanks so much for figuring it out! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete